Translate

Wednesday 5 February 2014

Wednesday, February 5, 2014
virtue of the month: Initiative (ask me what it means)
Ask my authors of Gr. 1 who do they write for.....
Writer's have an important job....... to keep the readers interested  in their story                                                    
 Today we read the book

 We discussed how can we make our writing interesting.......
 - adding details to our illustrations and writing
 - making it funny, scary, important details
 - beginning, middle and end


 -describing myself
 -my personality
 - my interests
 - a surprise nobody knows about

Ask me about this,  
                                 I like myself
                                 I like myself
                                 I am glad that I'm me
                                 I like myself I like myself
                                 There's is no one else I'd rather be
                                 I like me on the inside, too, for all I think and say and do
                                 I like myself I like myself
                                 I like myself I like myself
                                 Inside, oustside, from head to toe
                                 I like it al! It all is me and me is all I want to be
                                 I like myself because I'm ME!

Reminders:

Report Card Envelopes
Thank you to everyone who already signed and returned the report card envelopes. We would like to gather all signed envelopes by Friday - you can keep everything that was inside as we need the signed envelope only.

Field Trip
We have been given the opportunity to visit the Epcor Centre on Monday, February 10, 2014 to watch a presentation from Kobie Boykins. There is no charge for this activity.


Field Trip forms went home yesterday. Please sign and return no later than Friday, February 7, 2014. We do not want any students to miss this learning opportunity. Unfortunately if we do not get a signed consent from you then those students will stay back at school.

Volunteers
We are in need of at least one volunteer per class. If you are able to accompany us on the 10th (from 9am till noon) please let me know, we would love to have you!!



           

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.