Translate

Thursday 15 May 2014


   
Thursday, May 15, 2014
                    Today we read the books,

              

               


Ask me to explain the stages





 Today we planted our seeds and disected a few to study the inside of a LIma bean. 
                          Ask me about my bean experiment

              

Tanner said, " crumpled skin is coming off."     Avery, " Its wrinkled and smooth."

    

                  Disected bean                            Adan, "It looks like a pear."

          Ask me to expalin this?

Ask me what I observed?       


                                     
     
                           "The bean is breaking."  "It is opening up vertically."




                         We measured a few seeds before we planted them.
"It is all swollen.", "looks plump" ,   "We watered it and put it in the sun, now it's fat."


                     
                                                  Ask me how long was the bean?

      

                     



       
 
                 Observing our seeds and making predictions
       

                 Ask me what we are doing.......

        

               

                      Ask me what I did first, next and finally

             

Watering our Lima seeds.

   

Looking after our class garden, taking dry leaves off and watering the plants.

    


Like worms turning the soil upside down. Now the soil has lots of air in it.


                 

                        Now our plants will be healthy.


While we were nurturing our plants some of us found a centipede in our money plant




The centipede is camouflaged.....
Can you find it........












           When we were outside, we saw an ant with it's prey. What is an ant?




Guess what?? We went out in the rain to feel it, smell it.........

                          We thought.......

Alex, " It smelt fresh."                Madina, " Rain smelt sweet."      

Kachuol & Omaira, " It smelt fresh." 

Sammy, " It was ver wet."    Tanner, "It felt cold."

Jared, " Rain tickled me on my arms. "  Huda, " It was shiny."
                            Adan, " it was transparent."   Daxis, " It felt very nice."

Adina, " I have fun."    Tony, " It was rain fast."

Reminders
    






Friday no school for students due to PD day

- Monday no school for students due to Victoria Day


                            
                                   Thanks,
                                     Mrs. Malik

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.